You’ve come to the conclusion you need a vacation. Actually, you and your family DESERVE a vacation. You’ve been laboring away to afford this much needed relaxation, and finally the day is approaching. You’ve already booked your vacation rental at navarrelistings.com, and the logistics are set in stone. Now, all you have to do is pack.
Often, planning a vacation and getting ready to relax can be quite the opposite. It can be stressful to make sure you are prepared and have everything you need for your secret getaway. You don’t want to forget anything essential, but you also don’t want to be lugging 14 suitcases, two surfboards, a body pillow and your dog Suzie cross-country to the Sunshine State.
Let’s break down the necessities so that you can simplify your suitcase and enjoy your stay at Florida’s most relaxing place.
Pack your essentials. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Clothes. Light shirts and shorts and don’t forget a swimsuit or two and some flip flops for the beach days! Maybe bring some dressy options for the nights out and if you like outdoor activity bring some sneakers too.
- Sunscreen and hat. Florida heat is no joke. It doesn’t get the nickname “The Sunshine State” for nothing. Heat indexes commonly reach over 100 degrees, and the UV rays can leave you looking like a lobster in no time if you are not careful. You might also want to bring some Aloe Vera just in case.
- Toiletries. Some rentals already have shampoo and conditioner, but not all of them. So, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Make sure to bring your toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, razors, brush, hair product (to help with the crazy Florida humidity), perfume/cologne and anything else you might need to feel clean and keep that vacation glow up!
- Medicine. Other than your daily medicine and vitamins, make sure to bring some ibuprofen or pain reliever just in case you get a headache or hurt yourself during your exciting adventures on the Panhandle.
- Face mask and hand sanitizer. Unfortunately, we can’t take a vacation from the pandemic altogether. (Wouldn’t that be nice?) Some stores such as Walmart and Target require face masks for shoppers. Most stores in the Navarre area might recommend face masks, but don’t require them. It is best to have one just in case.
- Beach essentials. A lot of things that you need for the beach can be bought locally for reasonable prices, so just leave room in your suitcase for the ride home! We’re talking beach totes, towels, coolers, beach chairs, reusable water bottles, beach toys, swim goggles, floats, waterproof bags for cellphones, sunglasses and insect repellent (for the evening).
- Technology. Some people choose to unplug on their vacations and others choose to embrace the technology to capture the memories. Don’t forget your cellphone charger, selfie stick, camera, camera battery charger, extra power packs, laptop/tablet and portable speakers.
- Entertainment. Don’t forget the FUN! Anything from frisbees, volleyballs, books, newspapers and magazines to board games, card games, notepads and colored pencils. Check with your condo to see what sports facilities may be offered and if you need to bring your own equipment.
These are some helpful recommendations, but at the end of the day, don’t stress about the STUFF. Know your motive for why you’re even taking this trip in the first place. Surely, there will be a store within 5-10 minutes of your condo, so don’t worry about forgetting something. Things are replaceable, people and memories are not.
To book your next vacation on the sunny northwest coast of Florida, visit www.navarrelistings.com today!